We are seeking a full-time Church Planter to work in partnership with the Bishop, Edge Anglican and the Bush Church Aid Society. The purpose of this role will be to grow a new expression of church life in Brighton; a fast growing community on the northern side of Greater Hobart. The successful candidate will join the Staff Team at Edge Anglican, while also being specifically responsible for establishing a new Anglican congregation in Brighton, including raising up a new leadership team.
We are looking for a person gifted in the following:
- Implementing a strong gospel-centred and contextually sensitive vision in Brighton
- Leading and discipling a group of people who will form the initial Launch Team of the plant
- Recruiting and training leaders to do the work of the ministry (Eph. 4:12)
- Overseeing leaders, volunteers and (in time) staff
- Regularly preaching and teaching across the various Edge congregations
- Vision casting and fundraising
- Liaising with the Edge Leadership regarding finance and legal matters
- Working closely with the Rector of Edge as the direct supervisor
- Working to lead the new Brighton plant to be an self-supporting Anglican parish
Click here to see the position description.
Click here for an overview of the position.
Closing date: As soon as possible.